COVID 19 RESOURCES
En Español – Recursos de COVID-19
- St. Augustine’s S.A.V.E.S. food bank, 3850 Jasmine Avenue, Culver City, 90232, open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 9 am-11:30am. (ID is required)
- St. Gerard’s Social Services, 4439 Inglewood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90066, open on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 am-3pm. (ID, proof of address and proof of income required)
- Culver City Shares, a Peace Project Initiative at Whole 9 Gallery, 3830 Main Street, Culver City, They distribute two bags of groceries and vegetables per family on Wednesday mornings. (They serve about 200 households a week. No ID or proof of address is required)
- Grace Diner and Feed Culver. They provide takeaways 5 days a week at Grace Lutheran Church, 4427 Overland Ave, Culver City. Take-out dinners are served between 4: 30-6. Fresh vegetables are offered on Thursdays and groceries on Fridays. (No ID / no proof of housing form is required)
- Los Angeles Regional Food Bank Locator Tool
GRAB-AND-GO MEALS FOR STUDENTS
- Students and Siblings Enrolled in CCUSD Office of Child Development program They can receive breakfast and lunch through this program. Children do not need to be present. One person can pick it up for the whole family. Where: OCD (Child Development Office) parking lot, 9 am to 12 noon.
- CCUSD’s Food Services Department serves lunch Monday through Friday at Culver City High School cafeteria from 10:30 am to 12 noon and La Ballona Elementary School from 10:30 am to 12 noon.
- LAUSD Grab and Go Locations: achieve.lausd.net/resources – they offer 2 meals per child, per day.
- Westside Friends provides free grocery shopping prescription pick up and food delivery for area residents.
- LA County delivery program for older and dependent adults.
HOUSING AND RENTAL ASSISTANCE
- Information about Culver City’s interim renter protections
- Information about the City of Los Angeles’ COVID-19 Renter Protections
- Bet Tzedek provides legal assistance to area residents. Services available to all residents, regardless of immigration status and include eviction defense, COVID tenant protections, and other housing issues. Help available in English, Spanish and Russian. Call 323-939-0506 or email email@example.com for more information.
- Eviction Defense Network offers tenants free online consultations. The lobby is closed to the public BUT they are here to help you. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 213-537-5473 and one of the paralegals will assist you.
- Immigrant eligibility for COVID related benefits including healthcare, cash assistance, food assistance, unemployment insurance, and disaster assistance.
- Information about employment rights of undocumented workers
- List of Relief Funds for undocumented workers in California
- Immigrant rights regarding healthcare
- Legal resources for immigrants
- Immigration Preparedness Toolkit
WORK AND UNEMPLOYMENT
- Filing for Unemployment Insurance (non-citizens eligible with valid work authorization)
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (non-citizens eligible with valid work authorization)
- The City of Los Angeles has opened its “LA Jobs Portal” for workers who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
UTILITY BILL ASSISTANCE
- SoCal Gas is suspending service disconnections and offering discounts on bills
- LADWP is suspending service disconnections and offering payment plans
- Southern California Edison is suspending service disconnections and waiving late fees.
- Golden State Water is suspending service disconnections and offering flexibility in payment options for affected customers
HEALTHCARE AND HEALTH INSURANCE
- California Community Clinic Locator Tool
- Workers who have lost their jobs and health insurance can apply for coverage via Covered California
PAID SICK LEAVE
- California law entitles you to at least three days of paid sick leave. The City of Los Angeles requires employers to provide an additional three days, for a total of six days.
- If you’ve tested positive for COVID-19 or been exposed to it you can file a Disability Insurance claim with the state of California. The Governor’s office has waived the waiting period for insurance claims. Payments are roughly 60% – 70% of wages.
- If a family member falls ill you may be able to receive Paid Family Leave from the state to take care of them. PFL provides up to six weeks of benefit payments to eligible workers who have full or partial loss of wages in order to take care of an ill family member.
- Westside Pacific Villages offers errand running, deliveries and check in calls for seniors
MUTUAL AID NETWORKS
OTHER RESOURCE GUIDES
- LA Forward Crisis Guides
- Spanish COVID-19 Resource Guide
- LA Community Resource Guide
- LA County Office of Education Resource Guide (for Kids and Families)
CULVER CITY CORONAVIRUS HOTLINE
If you or someone you know has questions or needs non-emergency assistance, call the Culver City Coronavirus Hotline at (310) 253-6890 (Monday – Friday, 7:30 AM – 5:30 PM) or email Coronavirus@CulverCity.org.