public safety review 2021
On Monday, January 25th at 7 pm, the City Council of Culver City will hold an online meeting that includes a review of reports and any necessary direction for the ongoing Public Safety ‘reimagining’ process.
January 25th Meeting Resources
For Agenda Item A-1 – UPDATE FROM THE CITY MANAGER’S OFFICE RELATED TO THE PUBLIC SAFETY REVIEW; (2) DISCUSSION OF FINDINGS AND RECOMMENDATIONS FROM PUBLIC SAFETY REVIEW CONSULTANTS; AND (3) DIRECTION TO THE CITY MANAGER AS DEEMED APPROPRIATE
- Solidarity Consulting Report
- City of Culver City Staff Report
- Center for Public Safety Management Report
- Use of Force Policy
We encourage you to read the Solidarity Consulting Report for details to advance racial equity and social justice in Public Safety for all Culver City residents and non-residents. Some major points in the report:
- Remove police from mental health and drug-related crisis intervention.
- Stop arrests for misdemeanors and divert people from the prison pipeline.
- Remove police from traffic enforcement.
- Create a civilian oversight committee.
- Commit to finding ways to reduce the police force through attrition and a hiring freeze.
Add your voice to the call for Justice. Please attend the meeting or email your City Council members at firstname.lastname@example.org before 4pm on January 25th.